Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering the British Hair and Beauty Awards, the Entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the Entry Process.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
- The competition is open to all hair and beauty businesses in Britain. Overseas entrants are not eligible.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
- Entry forms and any supporting documents must arrive on time within date specified. Supporting documents will be retained by the Organiser. Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted on the entry form links and completed in full.
- It’s free to enter the competition for the first process.
- The general public will write reviews for you online and the ones with best rated reviews will be shortlisted.The finalist that gets shortlisted will be asked to pay an administration fee of £69.00. If you have been shortlisted for more than one category it is £69.00 per category.
- Administration Fee. This is a one off fee of £69.00. It is non-refundable once paid. Should you wish to go ahead you will be required to pay the administration fee that covers the cost of judges, production team and postage etc. Once the administration fee is paid you can let all your clients know you made it to the finalist stage. Winners and finalists will receive a certificate. The certificate will be posted to your preferred address within 1-4 weeks after the Online Ceremony.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for any lost, late or mislaid entry and any entry which is damaged, defaced, illegible or incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions, may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- The decision of the judges on all matters affecting this competition is final.
- Supporting evidence forms contain questions set by judges to aid them mark against the set criteria for a category. Each category as different judges but most criteria stay the same, unless category specific. Judges are looking at innovation and determination, passion and professionalism, skills and focus, client retention and reviews (either included within the portfolio or online), understanding of market, trends and customer service. This is paired with category specific criteria such as awards, accolades, training and competence. Judges are also reminded to consider each portfolios merits including and excluding external factors such as public reviews since sometimes these can be biased with false or fake negative reviews and feedback. No discrimination is put against a business based on its established or trading age. The judging process is conducted fairly and based up to 95% on supporting evidence submitted before the deadline date. Evidence submitted late or not at all will not be considered.
- The team will contact you via the email you provide and/or the contact number you provide within your entry form. The team only contact those who have entered. By completing the form you acknowledge that the team may contact you. Your details will not be disclosed or sold to any Third Parties.
- At this stage you can choose not to go further in the competition and no payment will be required from you.
- A £10.00 charge will be payable should you not let us know upon our first contact to you that you do not wish to go ahead. If we contact you more than three times with no answer a £15.00 charge will be payable. This does not apply if you tell us straight away you would rather not go ahead.
- Payments. The payments are made over the phone via Worldpay or via Paypal Invoice.
- Receipt. A receipt of the administration fee is sent to you by post with the certificates at the end of the competition. If you require a receipt before this time, please let the team know and they will e-mail a copy.
- Finalists. All shortlisted finalists will be announced on our social media website so finalists can see who they are competing with. Every category will have a different number of finalists this varies from how many people take part to how many salons are successfully shortlisted and are purely decided at head office at the time of the results being collected. At the finalist stage you can decide whether you would like to be put forward to 2nd round of the competition or whether you wish to remain a finalist. If you would like to remain a finalist then you are not required to pay the administration fee and you will not get a certificate.
- Winners. Each winner will receive a certificate and this will be posted to a chosen address within 1-4 weeks after the competition is completed. All winners and finalists will be announced on our website. We also request that the winners send us some photos of them holding the certificate in their salon for promotional material for their salon. All the winners will be announced on our social media page and website.
- Awards Ceremony. As we are an online based business, We don’t hold an award ceremony and this also saves businesses costs from traveling to the event and paying for the whole team to attend the event. The winner’s announcements will be announced online on our social media page, as well as our website. We do request that everyone taking part in the competition follows our page.
- Photos, If you provide us with photos of your business including staff members you must obtain permission from your staff to enable us to publish the photos on our website. We usually would ask you to inbox us any photos on our social media website so any photos you send us we would assume you have got permission from your employee’s and are happy for us to publish them onto our website any other online media site related to the British Hair and Beauty Awards competition and Think Expose.
- Complaints – anyone wishing to raise a complaint can do this by emailing [email protected] All complaints are dealt with in an unbiased fashion and investigated fully. Anyone raising a complaint will not be barred, banned or treat any differently from those who do not.